Students work with CBE staff to oversee ministry projects in their fields, and specific criteria required by colleges are considered and incorporated into intern job descriptions. Each intern job description is written to meet the needs of the student and CBE.
Position Summary: CBE is looking for an events intern that will assist CBE’s Events and Conference Coordinator in carrying out conference tasks. This position can be either full or part-time.
Hours Required: An internship is generally 120 or more hours per quarter/semester, working 10–12 hours or more per week. CBE may be able to offer a $350 stipend per 120 hours worked.
Location: 122 W. Franklin Ave, Suite 218. Minneapolis, MN 55404
Reports to: Events Coordinator
• Research organizations to market the conference
• Research prices for conference items
• Analyze the results of registration surveys
• Assist with research for domestic and international conferences
• Assist with researching future conference locations
• Assist with researching conference speakers
• Research and implement new and effective marketing strategies for the conference
• Help implement and create marketing strategy for CBE’s annual conference
• Assist with online marketing of the conference
• Assist with social media
• Assist with editing the conference web pages
• Enter new organizations and registrations into Raisers Edge database
• Enter registrants of the conference into Raiser’s Edge Database
• Assist with monitoring conference budget
• Assist with other general administrative projects as needed
• Create Survey for conference attendees
• Assist with communication with conference attendees
• Assist with conference timeline and schedule
• Coordinate conference volunteers
Passionate about CBE’s mission
Preferred skills:, organization, time management, communication, works well with others, creative, resourceful, passionate, detailed oriented, flexible, strategic
Preferred Majors: Marketing, management, Nonprofit, public relations, communications, business, Youth, Ministry
Preferred classes: finance, sales, marketing, business management, negotiation, communications, ministry, youth
Affirmation of CBE’s Mission Statement
This position does require that the intern wholeheartedly endorse the CBE Statement of Faith. See http://www.cbeinternational.org/?q=content/statement-faith
• The Events Intern has the authority to make decisions to implement CBE’s core values, mission, and vision as outlined by CBE’s policies and procedures.
• Makes decisions within the framework of the job description.
• All changes in policies and procedures are made in conjunction with the Events Coordinator.
• Will not allow any operational practice that is unethical or brings harm or shame or the organization.