Congratulations to the newly inducted Lambda Pi Eta members. Lambda Pi Eta is not just a group that eats pie on occasion. It is also the national honor society for Communication students, recognizing outstanding scholastic achievement and promoting an exchange of ideas among those in the discipline. According to the National Communication Association, to qualify for Lambda Pi Eta, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Complete 60 semester credit-hours
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Complete the equivalent of 12 semester credit-hours in communication studies
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.25 for all communication studies courses
- Currently be enrolled as a student in good standing
- Rank within the highest thirty-five percent of one’s class in general scholarship.
In the past, Bethel’s chapter has organized events to serve the community outside of Bethel as well as help make Communication Students aware of job opportunities in the field. Congratulations, Bethel students. Well done.